The latest episode of The 99% has arrived, with discussion and debate of culture, technology, politics and society.
– We interview Fėlix de Givry, the star of Mia Hansen-Løve’s acclaimed film “Eden”. He talks about cinema, music and capturing the spirit of the 90s clubbing scene.
– Adultery website Ashley Madison is hacked. Does an immoral company deserve a cyber attack, and should they take responsibility for not protecting their users’ information?
– Giant seagulls are on a rampage. What can be done?
– VidCon 2015 kicks off. We discuss YouTube’s slow domination of the world.
– A previously undiscovered Dr. Seuss book is due to be published next week. Will it have the same cruel twists as “Go Set A Watchman”?
– Sony Pictures greenlight an Emoji movie. Emojis are awful.
– We debate the merits of internet censorship. Should governments get involved, and is freedom more important than comfort?
– Michael’s Hot New Track is from Laura Marling’s latest album.
– “Jurassic World” becomes the third biggest film in history and a sequel is set for 2018. Lucien does not understand.
– Nicolas Cage Film of the Week is a modern classic: Spike Jonze and Charlie Kaufman’s uber-meta “Adaptation.”.
– #NoLockyTheDoors: New information is unearthed by local media. Arson! Murrrrrder!
– Japanese Knotweed is highly dangerous. Beware.
Visit 99PShow.com for the latest episodes and interact with the hosts and other listeners on Facebook (facebook.com/99PShow), Twitter (twitter.com/99PShow) and Instagram (instagram.com/99PShow).