Michael McAndrew and Lucien WD are back with another episode of The 99%, your source for discussion, news, reviews and interviews, and officially The Greatest Podcast On Earth.
– Harper Lee’s “Go Set A Watchman” is released. Lucien reviews the first half and discusses the major twist.
– Lucien has a pleasant encounter with the makers of “Inside Out”, and a rather unpleasant one with the new Doritos Roulette.
– Eircode postal codes arrive in Ireland. This is an exciting, interesting topic and we discuss it in detail.
– Thanks to the SNP, fox hunting remains illegal in England.
– Aurora shooter James Holmes found guilty. Is capital punishment the best punishment?
– We interview Sven Hansen- Løve, a highly influential figure in the international dance music scene and the co-writer of (and inspiration for) the upcoming film “Eden”.
– San Diego Comic-Con: A Bluetooth Cpt. Kirk transmitter is unveiled, and Warner Brothers struggle with piracy as they screen “Batman v Superman” and “Suicide Squad” trailers.
– Michael previews the GoPro Hero 4 Session, and laments his lack of a 4K video camera.
– Michael’s Hot New Track is another slow build-up. It’s rather excellent.
– Michael quizzes Lucien on his semi-vegetarianism, and we discuss the justifications for veganism.
– The 2015 Emmy Nominations: Parks & Rec, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, The Newsroom are all deservedly recognised, alongside loads of other shows that people actually watch.
– We read some extracts from the BBFC’s Annual Report. “Mr. Turner” is 2014’s most-reported film, while “Nativity 3” is cut to remove obscene language.
– Statistics of the Week: Super-morbid edition.
– Nicolas Cage Film of the Week is newly-released documentary “The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?”, a film which technically does not star Nicolas Cage.
– Public Service Announcements features Sarah Palin’s Dr Seuss remix, a stalker squirrel and the racist subtext of “Baa Baa Black Sheep”.
Visit our website 99PShow.com to download the latest episode and subscribe to the show on iTunes, Stitcher or your favourite podcast app. Follow us @99PShow on Twitter and Instagram, and like us at facebook.com/99PShow.