Michael and Lucien are back with another edition of The 99%, recorded the week of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio.
– Michael talks about his trip to Paris last week as Portugal defeat France in Euro 2016.
– Nice suffers a horrific terrorist attack, while a failed military coup in Turkey also dominates European political headlines.
– Theresa May becomes Britain’s second female Prime Minister, appoints Boris Johnson as Foreign Secretary and sacks George Osborne.
– The Republican National Convention begins in Cleveland. Lucien is dressed for the occasion.
– Donald Trump chooses Mike Pence as his running mate, as his wife plagiarises Michelle Obama in a speech.
– We discuss the issues of police brutality and racially-motivated killings that have reemerged in the US.
– The 99-Second Quiz: Will Lucien beat Michael’s high score?
– 99% Features: Neil Nugent of the Central Statistics Office talks to us about the recently-released preliminary Irish Census figures.
– This week’s Classic Album is a William Hung masterpiece, and we’re joined to discuss it by Killian Byrne.
– Kevin Spacey Film of the Week: Lucien does not recommend Elvis & Nixon to fans of either Elvis or Nixon.