Introducing The 99%, an exciting new weekly podcast exploring society and culture, and how people around the world are affected by the events that matter.
– Welcome to The 99%. We explain the purpose of our new podcast, and hear some questionable statistics.
– The US Supreme Court legalises gay marriage across the country. Yay, equality!
– Presidential Election: Christie is in, Trump is racist and Bernie is our choice. (Note: Donald Trump previously spoke of having a pro-choice stance, but is now pro-life. We misspoke slightly when we referenced this topic).
– Michael goes to California, returns with two Apple Watches. He gives his thoughts…
– Apple Music launched this week. We’re still figuring it out.
– President Obama’s singing > Kanye West’s singing.
– Glastonbury 2015 review: The Who and Florence
– Universal Studios are killing it at the box office with Furious 7 and Jurassic World. Will Star Wars beat them?
– We interview Graham Smith, the CEO of Republic- an organisation seeking the abolition of the British monarchy and the establishment of a democratically elected head of state.
– Lucien’s Freedom Rules
– Low Stakes Serial: Barra Convery joins us to discuss the locking of bathroom doors in public schools. Is this a violation of human rights?
– Public Service Announcements: Trump, the Westboro Baptist Church and Jeb!
The 99% is a co-production of Corrib Digital and BuzzHub Entertainment. Visit 99pshow.com for the latest episodes and be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher or your favourite podcasts app! Tweet us @99PShow and use the contact form on our website to get in touch. You can watch an exclusive video preview of this episode at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0tvm5sOGjM now.